Saturday 5 May 2012

A Love Story with a Difference

The Bookshop Guru

A book review of "Travels on My Elephant" by Mark Shand

A few years ago, I traveled to India with a friend, a photographer, to photograph the Bengal tiger in its natural habitat. We spent several weeks, in the jungle, tracking the elusive Bengal tiger, and every day aloft in a howdah (a wooden cradle) abreast of an elephant. I always had a love of animals, but, after spending several weeks with elephants, I became more aware of this love. Part of my role was to record and write an account of our travels. I decided to seek out more information about rural India, I wanted a different perspective, and by chance, I found a book by Mark Shand called ‘Travels on My Elephant.’

At night avoiding the mosquitoes I started to read Mark’s book and found myself falling in love. The book is about Mark’s trek across 1600 km of India with a female elephant called Tara. Mark’s book is a documentary of the real India and how he ended up falling in love with Tara. As I turned each page I got to know Tara and could not stop myself from feeling the same as Mark. Each day I spent with the elephants in the jungle tracking tigers my understanding of their plight became more pronounced.

I won’t tell you what happened to Tara because I think it’s up to you to find out. All I can say is that love is a many-flavored spring, it can appear and sprout from anywhere, just as it did for me each day with beautiful glimpses into the lives of these amazing animals.

Are you listening,  what are you dreaming?

As Jesus said, “Belief is everything.”

In my latest book “It’s Never Too Late” read how dreams do come true, but be careful what you wish for. Understand the secret of greed and you will attain one of the secrets of prosperity. The book will also take you on a journey and explores love, money, luck, and much more.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Hey, Chuck. Did you bring any spending money? Viva la vida loca.


Conducting a Survey into Precognitive Choices

Which would you prefer half-price digital or paperback?

 Read my book "It's Never Too Late" by Anthony Fox,  published by Chipmunka Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment